Filters and water separatorsRacor fuel filters and water separators protect vital engine components from the damage caused by dirt particles, salt-water and other contaminants within the fuel system. Easy to specify and easy to fit, their advanced design can also improve both fuel economy and performance.
Virtually every user of diesel or gasoline engines will have an ongoing requirement for Racor marine fuel filtration products.
The benefits of Racor to end users are:
- High quality filter media, ensuring maximum system efficiency and proven extended element life.
- Racor’s genuine Aquabloc ® filter media, engineered to repel water and remove solid contaminants before they can damage precision engine components.
- Reduced unscheduled downtime.
- Immediate local availability.
Typical marine markets include:
- Super-yachts, motor yachts, powered watercraft and sailboats
- Fishing boats, tug boats and dredgers.
- Marine chandlers.
- Fuel tanks and fuel supply.
- Boat repair, service and refit.
Racor Marine Spin-on-SeriesRacor quality in one easy spin, the most complete protection on the water.
- Clear contaminant collection bowl for outboard applications
- Metal bowl units for inboard applications
- Drain valve or plug
- Ten micron Aquabloc® media
- Long life with 98% efficiency
- Corrosion resistant construction
Turbine seriesTurbine Series filter assemblies are designed to be installed on the vacuum side of the fuel transfer pump for best efficiency and to protect precision engine components from dirt, rust, algae, asphaltines, varnishes, and especially water, which is prevalent in engine fuels. They remove contaminants from fuel using the following legendary three stage process:
- Stage One: Separation. As fuel enters the filter assembly, it moves through the centrifuge which spins off large solids and water droplets that fall to the bottom of the collection bowl.
- Stage Two: Coalescing. Small water droplets bead up on the surface of the conical baffle and cartridge element. When heavy enough, they too fall to the bottom of the bowl.
- Stage Three: Filtration. Proprietary Aquabloc®II cartridge elements repel water and remove contaminants from fuel down to two micron (nominal). They are waterproof and are effective longer than water absorbing elements.
- Available in several sizes to fit any application.
- Heavy duty construction.
- Installs quickly.
- Available in 2, 10, and 30 micron.
- Easy to service.
- Clear collection bowl.
- Self-venting water drain.
- When engines demand heavy-duty, high-capacity water separation and fuel filtration, the Turbine Series is the most complete, efficient, and reliable engine protection you can install. Symbolizing Racor’s continuing commitment to the science of filtration, the Turbine Series has established its position as the filter/separator often imitated, but never equalled. Models that include an aluminum bowl or stainless steel shield meet ASTM FS1201, Veritas, Det Norske Veritas, ISO 10088, and are USCG accepted. For severe service, all-metal bowls should be specified.
- Duplex Turbine units offer mariners the peace-of-mind of having a clean filter in reserve. Rough seas can stir up tank sediment which will quickly clog a single fuel filter. With Racor, a simple turn of a valve puts a clean filter back on-line. Servicing of the clogged filter can then be performed even with the engine running.
- Paired with our famous and genuine Aquabloc® filters, the Racor Turbine Series is still the preferred brand for serious sailors world-wide.
·Turbine series elements
- Aquabloc® is waterproof, rustproof, dirtproof.
- Racor’s genuine Aquabloc filter media is engineered to repel water and remove solid contaminants before they can damage precision engine components. Racor Aquabloc® elements are available in different lengths for various flow rates and are colour-coded 2, 10 and 30 micron.
- The lower the micron rating the finer the filtration. Lower micron ratings should be considered when there is no additional downstream filtration. Ultimately, the micron rating preferred will be a function of fuel quality, operating climates and maintenance schedules.
Cross Reference other filters to Racor equivalents:
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTORS OF THE FULL RACOR FILTRATION RANGE.
IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE PRODUCT YOU REQUIRE FOR SALE ON-LINE, PLEASE CONTACT US BY PHONE, FAX OR E-MAIL TO ORDER THE ITEM.